Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Krishna
Senior Contributor

Daughter catatonic

Another night of fear and anxiety as received a call from hospital suspecting my daughter has a brain infection. A long agonising wait for MRI and Lumbar Puncture results which I have just been told are all clear. Exhale. Her first  ECT is taking place as I type and holding my breath once again. Visualising her responding to treatment although it may take up to 12 treatments. So prayers of her coming back to us are being said and at the same time fearful of what state of mind she will be in if it works as her mental health has deteriorated. I simply miss my beautiful daughter and who she use to be as the one I have now is a stranger in so many ways. A cruel and wicked disease is schizophrenia.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Daughter catatonic

@Krishna  Hi Krishna yes it is a cruel and evil disease. My son2 has schizophrenia and other multiple problems and yes it is a struggle every single day. I am sorry to hear that everything is so tough for you and your family tonight. Sending you caring and kindness. Love peaxxx

Hi @Krishna  prayers for your daughter being said now 🙏

Ive Just had ect for psychotic depression and the psychosis has settled. It took a few weeks though so hopefully your daughter will have a good result for the catatonia.

There is plenty of support here on the forum so please don’t hesitate to ask for it when needed.

Big hugs 🤗 🙏❤️

Thank you so much. Yes no response from her first treatment today and has been poked and prodded so much in the last 24 hours. One day at a time. Difficult being a 6 hour return journey for me to visit with other responsibilities in life but looking forward to being by her side again on Tuesday. Just so bloody exhausting hey.

Thanks pea. Was so hard seeing her in such a vulnerable state but am relieved that she simply looked relaxed and asleep. Have to hang onto the knowledge that they are doing all they can to help her return. Much love xx

@Krishna, how are you and your daughter today 

been thinking of you ans sending hugs Heart

@Eve7@greenpea 

@Shaz51 @greenpea @Anastasia my girl is now up and talking laughing eating walking around the ward. A total transformation from the past few weeks. The ECT has worked. Such a huge exhale. Not wanting to communicate with me at this stage but hey that too will happen in time I'm sure. Have a lovely weekend and thank you xxx

That is wonderful news @Shaz51  I am so happy for you and your girl.

ECT seems to work really well in those types of situations.

Enjoy your weekend!

💜💚💜

Oh @Krishna such wonderful news!!!!

Very happy to hear xxx

@Krishna  wonderful news Krishna. I have been wondering how it was going for you and your daughter. That is the best news I have heard all day. Love peaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance