Skip to main content

Re: What I wish the rest of the world knew

The only way to get support workers that I can think of is:

- Referral through GP - if you have already exhausted a mental health plan + psychologist + psychiatrist then this is a logical next step in my opinion

- Admission to Emergency at Hospital then referral - involves waiting around for many frustrating hours in a less then ideal setting

- If you have accessed the services previously, calling their number and asking to speak to someone in crisis support and asking for some kind of intervention or appointment - ideally having your partner do this for you so you don't have to get frustrated when dealing with them

As I am from rural Vic and it is a different service entirely, I don't have the number for you. I found this on Google though:

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/mentalhealthservices/adult/insoutheast-a.htm

I am so glad you figured out how to adjust your post so that it was accepted bymods.  I have truggled with restrictions too ... but I also know first hand how too many triggering things posted can have a disastrous effect.

Hope you get support soon.

I still dont feel very supported and feel have been left to manage situations which were very tricky alone while certain professionals just collected pay packets. I am trying to make people more accountable now that I am older and wiser.  And stop others giving me the flick.

And here's the rest of the story, I'm sure this will get deleted again too!

No need to worry about it being deleted if you follow the forum rules 🙂 if your having trouble perhaps the forum criteria may not be for you?

Let me know if you need more direction on the page with the rules and ill pop up a hyperlink 🙂

Regards

Baboo

so long as your posts don't name names. So you cant have doctors names, hospital names, peoples names...

So why did they get deleted then @Baboo

and I deleted all of that information and you still deleted my posts. Do you want to tell me why? I'm being Censored for speaking out. Great to know this forum supports the agencies and not the people.

I managed to read it just before it was deleted. Pure luck - refreshed the page and it was gone though.

You've been through several services, and it seems like there are some issues accessing them. One of them took a long time to get an appointment with.

With another one they kept trying to call the wrong number. Sounds kind of typical for these kinds of services - too many cooks spoil the broth. Everyone isn't really on the same page.

You have a complaint pending - it's adding to your anxiety. Just remember though that not everyone in these departments will know about that. Also, the stuff about the child protection stuff, if it isn't true then you have nothing to worry about, right? The allegation is completely boundless. There's no proof, no problem.

You are going to have to put your trust into someone though. Just one of these workers. You don't have a choice. If you want to the help you will have to just pick the most trustworthy one you can find and stick with them for the long haul. Make sure they have your number - just keep confirming it with them.

Naming the hospitals and support groups your having issues with

I've been trying to get a worker all day, guess what I'm being denied that too. I'm happy to put trust in someone just not the people that are now triggering my illness. Fuck this place all I wanted was to meet people with BPD and actually talk about how to deal with this shit. But to do that people need to know who I've already contacted so they do not trigger me by suggesting I contact those people.