Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Onlyme
New Contributor

I don't know how to survive by myself

Hi all im new to the forums. I'm reaching out as I'm in desperate need of friends who are living with a mental illness and are trying to navigate daily life by themselves. I recently separated from my partner and am feeling like a failure. I can't seem to pick myself up.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I don't know how to survive by myself

@Onlyme  Hey Onlyme and welcome to the forums. It can be hard at first being alone with a mi. I promise you though as you go along on your journey it will get more tolerable and you might surprise yourself and start to enjoy your new found freedom. You will find many caring online friends here. This is a very caring forum. Have a look around and when you feel up to it you might like to join in to an existing conversation or maybe just open up one yourself.

FYI if you want to talk with someone put a @ in front of their name like I did for you and then they will get a notification of your posting. See you around,. greenpeax

I completely understand.

I have personally never understood why people take so much pride in dealing with things on their own, because you'd obviously like recognition for it. It's a lot of work, and I think "what's the point in doing all that work if the world is just going to carry on like it normally would anyway?"

The good thing is, you're not entirely alone. You've got us. Put up a post sharing your achievements and milestones, both in mental health and otherwise, and we will be genuinely happy for you, and I will show you my bank of celebrations GIFs. You can also post when you're in pain, and we'll support you.  

If you don't already have a therapist, I would strongly recommend that as well. People say "yeah, but they're paid to care." Well, a lot of therapists get paid and still don't care, so obviously it means something to the ones that do.

You're worthy of that.

Just quietly, I believe you're in the wrong forum. Whenever you need help, go to "Something's Not Right." :). 

@Former-Member  this is the right forum for @Onlyme 

there is no wrong forums.  

Also please be aware that 'gifs' can affect some people on here. 

takecare always-hope 🌻

@Onlyme  

No man/woman is an island. You are not alone anymore in the sense of people to talk to that care and do their best to support others. 

I've been on a few mental health forums in the past. I'm only on this one and it us the best out of all of them. I feel a bit sad I don't get to meet some folks. Though I'm learning that anonymity has its benefits and giving to people I will never meet is a good feeling too. 

Take care. 

Neither do I. I have the same feeling

I feel like I'm in the exact same situation 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance