Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Talk about being invisible!

My manager forgot I was at work today.

She asked me to stay back for quite a while, two hours longer than what I normally do. I was OK with it.

She didn't give me any backup, and she didn't even check on me during the night. Before I realised, almost three hours of overtime had passed. I had a LOT of work to do on my own. One of my teammates, who was on the next shift, was like "what are you still doing here?" I told her what happened, and she said "she's already gone home"!

I was the only one on my team still working. 

I ended up doing almost four hours of overtime. I work overnight, so it is now 8:48AM, and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I will probably have to wait until tonight to sleep.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the shift, and it's going to make me a lot of money, but it's a bit disturbing that I did all that work only to be forgotten.

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Talk about being invisible!

hey @Former-Member, I'm sorry that happened to you Heart It really doesn't sound right that your manager left you to work unsupported like that - maybe you could bring it up with their manager?

Rest well and take care; I hope you can catch up on that sleep soon, and I hope this doesn't happen again!

girasole 🌻

Re: Talk about being invisible!

That doesn't sound good - and not a healthy work-place environment @Former-Member 

I hope you can talk to your manager and tell her how you felt - this would be one way of doing your best to make sure it doesn't happen again

And - can you knock-off early today - you can't do your best work when you are tired from lack of sleep

And although many people do go without sleep - ship-wrecked mariners, country doctors and young mothers will know from experience - it catches up when you don't get healthy sleep

I hope this works out for you - and it must be horrible feeling invisible

All the best and welcome to the forum

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance