Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Nemo
New Contributor

Am I overthinking??

We have been married for 4 years. My partner loves to flirt with other girls. He says he loves me and flirting is just for fun. Now he is talking to a girl all the time in my absence, saying that he dont have any feelings on her. Is it possible not to have feelings on other person when you are talking to them daily. ? I am not comfortable with that, but at the same time I dont want to intrude into his freedom. What should I do? Who is wrong here? What is wrong here??

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Am I overthinking??

@Nemo  Nemo what does your gut say? I would go with your gut.

Infact, he has told me that if I dont like it, he will leave that. But i was afraid that he will feel that I am stopping him from what he wants. I am afraid that he will feel that I am a possessive woman (Maybe I am, I dont have a clue). I have always thought that I would never be a nagging wife who wants to control her partner. I want to set him free. But at the same time, these kind of funs are bothering me. Thanks for your reply. My gut says to talk this issue with him. I will do that this evening itself.

Hello @Nemo 

Good advice @greenpea 🙂

I agree your gut knows way before your heart and head ever do. Good luch hun and welcome 🙂

I personally wouldnt be happy with that situation. 

I myself am struggling with a relationship issue that makes me wondef if my partner has feelings for someone else. I do not have answers, because i myself are lost. 

I'd  like to think there is nothing going on with your partner and this woman .

Have you talked to him? Maybe talk to her.

I just hope it doesn't drive him into her arms, you  feeling like this

hello @Nemo 

how are you today 

and how is you situation going my friend 

i myself would not like it 

@Simplelife20@Anastasia@greenpea 

Hi @Nemo 

If it makes you unhappy, it's an issue that is worthy of discussion.

If your partner shuts you down, tells you he'll leave if you express discomfort, then that suggests that he does not see your feelings as valid. Frankly, that gets my hackles up. 

Yes our partners can and should have close friends. But if you've said it makes you uncomfortable, and he basically says that doesn't matter to him, then it might be time to look at a few ideas. 

Is this how you want to be treated in a relationship? 

This is where I suggest you dig deeper into your own standards of what you value in a partner.

Best, Rabbit 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance