Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

How do you draw the line with a landlord

Been away for a while but I'm back

I'm in the process of a bond clean that is honestly getting beyond a joke. The unit is already in better shape than when we moved in but they keep telling me to do more and more and it's hard because I'm so close to losing it. I'm trying to remain polite but honestly I'm not gonna be able to hold my self together much longer and when my self control gives out politeness will go out the window

(Edit): I haven't had a negative switch in 6+months but honestly feel like I'm probably gonna have one today 

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do you draw the line with a landlord

Do you have a condition report or photos of the place before you moved in to the current property. Before losing it totally, perhaps you can direct that in a well worded letter to the landlord, using sufficient evidence (entry condition report and/or photos) to back up what you are saying? 

It's an option. Don't threaten anything. See what the landlord comes back with. If still being ridiculous and very unreasonable then perhaps respond with you are doing no more and will be taking it to the tribunal if you cannot work things out amicably between you. Get a bit tougher. Sometimes landlord like to make tenants Fox things up to avoid the owner doing it. Not fair but happens. I hope this helps. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance