Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Define_normal
Senior Contributor

Mental struggle is bad this week

Moving stress

Son's health

My mental health is usually unstable in September it's a hard month.

Social media posts about normalizing pedophilia 

My one out let of connection with social media I thought I had left was tiktok but I was one of the unfortunate people to see a very disturbing video which surprised that it was even posted pretty much triggered a mini meltdown  I'm so glad my son was at school normally we watch tiktok together. I'm struggling so much mentally but I can't do much about it, I don't want to upset my son so I hide my mental health from him and my partner is having a rough time at work I don't want to burden him with my mental health stuff too but I don't have supports out here. So right now been internalizing everything and so everyone thinks I'm ok but I'm really no

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mental struggle is bad this week

@Define_normal  Sorry things are really tough. And I’m sorry September is a tricky month.

I do the ‘ fine’ well too. Until I’m alone. It’s hard trying to be there for everyone, when you are falling apart inside.

Here and listening, if it’s helpful. Sending some warm caring thoughts your way. ❤️❤️

Hi @Define_normal just wanted to let you know I read your post and am thinking of you.

Internalizing everything and everyone thinking you're ok when you're really not is exhausting and adds another layer to an already very touch time. I hope you can find an outlet here, at least. Is there anyone where you are who can let you talk and just listen?

Hi @Define_normal 

I'm sorry about the tough months - 30 days is a long time to hold your breath - it's been a bad year but a tough month - it makes it all worse probably

I caught what you said about normalizing paedophilia - I am not planning to get into Tiktok but it's great to get a head's up on such a ......... topic. It's not normal - and who ever imagines it might be has to be a litle warped themself

That must have been a trigger - I hope you are okay otherwise and as for September - I hear you - July is my bad month and there's one in every year

All the best

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance