Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

principal

I can't remember if I said this here before or not- but the outcome of principal meeting the other day was really great he left me feeling really supported & even said he would get an outside "mentor" brought into the school at schools expense to work with my daughter on her maths to get her up to scratch! I was amazed & feeling so happy - although i did not mention a lot of points I wanted to going into meeting because of anxiety & I was scared of putting him offside.

this morning I bombarded principal after the week from hell, insomnia , feeling delirious - because my child says she feels like she doesn't have ONE solid friendship at all that she feels safe & knows is always there for her-the two girls bullying her are preventing other kids from pkaying with her & she feels they don't really like her. She feels excluded- well I got a COMPLETELY different reaction from him- he was not supportive, did not hear me& made me feel I was wasting his time-,

i tried to explain that while at times she is happy & feels she has friends - it is all dependent on how the other kids are feeling on the day wether they say yes & allow her to play or not-& she feels wounded more easily than kids that have not been thru trauma as she effectively lost her entire family except me in 2015- 

when I mentioned this is a continuation from previous years -

he said- leave that in the past- I cannot leave it in the past if it is having a devestating negative impact on my child & she is carrying hurt around with her from the past- it can't be left- although clearly that is what anyone would want. 

I know I looked disheveled today as he was looking at me strangely & other staff- & he left the door to his office open to the reception so any body could hear our conversation which I did not appreciate. 

He said "are you picking up Indi today" I said "Yes , i always pick her up"- he said " I will come see you at pickup then"- he never came to see me as he said- yet every single other day he is walking from class to class greeting students & parents alike- u can't help but feel upset & passed off at this!

i also told him I was having a "very difficult time"- so now have paranoia he is going to call child welfare on me - although I know I am not abusingvor neglecting my child- it is a real fear from the state i am in & I wish I did not say that!

i am catastrophising & thinking he will not support us now like he said he would in getting in the mentor for Indi - because the way he acted towards me was so completely different from the other day when I was quiet & agreeable & did not bring up any of the staff abuse issues I had emailed him about. I honestly feel I destroy everything. 

& I saw through his charm today- his charm is superficial @& fake for compliant parents today he was transparent - last time I wanted to buy him a bunch of flowers to thank him for his kindness - today I am stressing,& feel sick as a result of this interaction - FML 

1 REPLY 1
nashy
Senior Contributor

Re: principal

Hello @Serenity1 , thank you for sharing this experience.

This sounds very hard, tiresome and definitely like a bit of an inconsistent battle with the school and principal. It sounds like you are taking things as they come as best you can, but certainly it can be exhausting to get home and go over things said in your head pretty consistently. I hear you.

Huge props to the love, focus and concern you have for your Daughter. Even though it must be very painful to see her struggles, it's incredible she has a mother that cares as much as you.

How are you feeling now about the interaction with the Principal?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance