Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // NDIS: A Carers Journey // Tues 19 Nov, 7pm AEDT

You are spot on @Determined intellectual disability is no doubt more challenging to define. Really promising to hear of these newer services. I look forward to hearing updates as to how they support your family. It is so great there's already been some legitimate guidance 🙂

Alrighty crew!! We are wrapping up now. Thank you to our wonderfffulll @SarahPeerAmb For all of her incredible insight.  Heart You have truly taught myself and others so much tonight, and provided some incredible strategies from your own experience supporting your Brothers.

Thanks @Shaz51 @Former-Member @frog  and others! I will leave the thread open until tomorrow for those of you who would like to debrief.

Goodnight all 🙂 Have a restful Tuesday. 

Thanks everyone for having me here tonight, it has really been a great experience, and I have learnt a lot. See you again another time on the forum 🙂

@SarahPeerAmb  your comment above about worst day scenario probably better describes what I was trying to say above.

For us supporting a child (late teen now) is sustainable but like you have described above my concern is as we all get older or if something ever happened to me in particular 🤯

Having supports in place now and before we critically need them is invaluable. 

thank you @SarahPeerAmb , @nashy , @Former-Member , @Determined 

Having supports in place now and before we critically need them is invaluable. --- very true @Determined Heart

Thanks heaps @nashy  + @SarahPeerAmb  for your time and input. 

And everyone else who has contributed. 

Hi to all who were here last night @Lauz @SarahPeerAmb @nashy @Shaz51 @Determined @Former-Member  and anyone who I've missed.  

I'm a participant in NDIS, not a carer, but am now in my 2nd plan (and it's for 2 years) after 18 months trying to get accepted (ultimately involving a disability advocate, legal aid solicitor and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal) and then a 1 year plan at the beginning.  I might be able to answer people's questions about the process of getting accepted or getting ready for a review if you have any.    There is a thread Anyone started with the NDIS?  that I started when I first applied and has lots of tips and support between me and others on this journey.  Anyone is welcome to join in there.

If anyone can tag anyone else who might be helped by this please do.

@eth 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance