Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Meg1
Contributor

Son being harassed

Hi, my son is living in a housing department property where one of the other residents, an older woman, has been harassing him for about a year. He is not her first victim, but the housing people continue to do nothing. She has physically attacked other residents, but taken a dislike to my son because he would not join her in complaining about other tenants and asked her to leave him alone. She has now gone a step further by taking him to court seeking a peace and good behaviour order. He is completely innocent in this and the woman has lied her head off in affidavits and various documents. I have hired a lawyer and am waiting to finalise a plan with him, hopefully soon;; but I am wondering in the meantime if anyone has any knowledge about the law where someone who is mentally ill is using the system to harass someone else. Thank you. Meg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Son being harassed

Do you have the option to move him to another housing estate ?

@Tay - ultimately, we will ask for that. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi there @Former-Member 

Welcome to the SANE forums. It is great that you have joined up and are able to post about the struggles you are having with public housing. But I need to just advise you that the forum guidelines are clear about not posting anything that may be too disrespectful or malicious so that the forums are inclusive and supportive for everyone. Suggesting that a  public agency is corrupt is getting a close to the limit. You can check these guidelines at https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/respect

We look forward to further posts from you,

Whitehawk

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Whitehawk  Delete my account, I don't want to be on this useless site anymore just delete it

Hi again @Former-Member 

Thanks for you request to close your account. Members need to close their account themselves. I will send you an email off the forums about closing members accounts. Feel free to also contact us about any concerns you might have by email to team@saneforums.org

regards

Whitehawk

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance