Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Being vulnerable Bremen Brown

Vulnerability is such a personal thing and it's certainly your choice who you are vulnerable with, and then, how much. One thing I've heard Brene talk about on a few ocassions in her books is sharing your story with people who have earned the right to hear it, with those who, in her words 'embrace us for our strengths and our struggles'. To me, this doesn't mean opening up to everyone, but being selective about who we share with, and then what we share with that person. I've certainly found that certain people in my life have more helpful responses to different things. For example, there are some members of my family I wouldn't go too deep into my emotions with, because they aren't comfortable with emotions and immediately try to shut it down- they haven't earned the right to hear that story. It's also about the people who have been there for you, time and time again. Sometimes, my cue is that these people have shared, been vulnerable and let me into their story. 

In case you're interested, the thing Brene is possibly most well known for which may interest you is her Ted Talk on vulnerability.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance