Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Is this workplace bullying? I am unsure... this will be a long post

Yep

Well I am already taking Tuesday off @saltandpepper
For uni stuff
*cough* i am sick
Got better things to do than be treated like crap

Ha! Sounds like a bad cough there mate, better take some time off.

You can also get stress leave with a certificate from your GP if it comes down to it

Yeah idk
@saltandpepper
Its just a cacophony of bs

I hear you @MDT and in the end it's not worth it. No job is worth sacrificing your mental health for. Take care of yourself hey?

I have two choices @saltandpepper

Go back to the place on Monday that hates me and then if that's where I am meant to be then do that on Monday. Don't go Tuesday. If I am not meant to be there then I go to where I am meant to be.

Thats the option that doesn't upset the apple cart the most I think.

I'm going to struggle to enjoy this weekend.

@MDT Third option, don't go back

yeah @saltandpepper
at this stage it's just cash in the bank
that's all i need
i have an internship (which i have a meeting for later tonight) and also a uni course to do
if the manager there wants to treat me like rubbish she can. Thing is its not even "rubbish" as such. Its just a psychological game to her. And she knows I have psychological issues. That's the thing.
I've already figured out what I'm going to say on Monday if she is there and makes a comment about me being there:
"Oh you're here again this week"
to which i say "Yeah and pretty soon I may be here full time"
Just to play the game too
That whole place is just a game now I think
In its worst form.
And yeah - tuesday I won't be going in. I already know what number to call

thanks for listening too btw @saltandpepper

Always happy to listen @MDT I have a bit of a sore spot for workplace bullying, it happened to me and dragged on for years. It got to the point where I became suicidal as I felt trapped, like I had no other options. When I finally cracked the sh*ts and quit, I wished I'd done it a long time ago. It was a very hard time to pull through.

I can't remember, do you see a psychologist? It might be worth while discussing the psychological warfare going on between you and "D". The thing is, there's going to be a lot of shitty people we have to work with in our lives. But just because they are shitty, doesn't mean we should give them the power to make us feel that way. Perhaps it's worth exploring that with a therapist, learning how to cope and not engage when people are playing mind games with you. Learning tactics and skills to keep people like that from having power over you.

It sounds like you're pretty busy and have a lot going on as it is. That's great you have an internship. And with uni as well, you've got other paths to follow, that's fantastic. I'm very glad this job isn't all you have to hold on to. But really, if it causes you too much stress, I vote for letting go of the job. It's just not worth it, especially when you have all these other good things going on

Yeah I do see a psych @saltandpepper and it was well timed beacuse i saw him this time last week. We were able to talk out the problems I had with the staff at that place.

Fortunately it is temporary.

Yes I agree - its a game for some people. I guess I can either play it or just grow from it. Rise above the BS aye

and yes i agree

Well next month will be the chance to make that choice - if i get a permanent role at the place i am used to and don't have issue with. If they retract that offer and screw me again then I quit. It's simply not worth it I agree

It's a case of remembering that other things exist and that I have options. I think maybe part of the problem too was that I was spreading myself too thin.

Give it more time and I think it'll click
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance