Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partner with BPD

@Determined , not sure if you are around 🤔 but wondering how you and your family going 

@tyme thanks for sharing and checking in, things are okay here. Hope you are doing well.

I have started the 28 gratitude practices from the book the magic by Rhonda Byrne, trying to role model some positive practices / and form better habits for myself.

That sounds great! Feel free to share any particular strategies you are focussing on. It sounds very beneficial @Chook_ 

Thanks @tyme. All quiet on the home front for me since setting clear boundaries. Like others I am also looking at my responses to my daughters behaviour and, where I've noticed that I've lacked empathy I've apologised. I was fortunate to attend the 'Staying Connected when Emotions Run High" workshop through Illawarra Health years ago. Since then I've worked on developing 'contagious calm'. Having said all this, there will still be times when I will have to either bite my tongue or walk away. But that's ok too.

Such an amazing takeaway, and so important @Bloss . It's a form of self-care and protection. Good on you and thanks for sharing.

@tyme thank you it is so kind of you to check in with us all. I'm so sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I'm doing ok considering I just got diagnosed with PTSD 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ we laugh so we don't cry right. I'm actually doing a lot better than the last few months. I went to a 4 hour breathwork experience on the weekend and it absolutely was hands down the best thing I've ever participated in. I had the most wonderful physical and emotional release. I feel alive again, like I can actually breathe. I could not recommend it more highly for anyone who is under stress.

How are you doing?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance