Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

@Former-Member  You are so kind EOR thank you for the beautiful picture. Talk later and take good care of yourself. Love peax

@Emelia8 🌻

Just got home ... all went okay.

Thanks everyone. @Anastasia @outlander @greenpea @Former-Member @Eve7 etc.

A busy afternoon ahead of me I think. Starting with a podiatrist apt for hubby. He has an infected ingrown toenail I think.

Lots of washing, groceries and organising to do. Feeling exhaused already.

Emelia 💞

one step at a time my @Emelia8 HeartHeart

OIP.jpg

Thank you for letting us know...go do what you have to we will be here if/when you need us,

love and hugs @Emelia8 

@Emelia8  should you be doing so much .... idk I worry about you so much  sweety. xxx

Missing you @Emelia8 

Feeling like I've lost a limb 💕🤗🌺🌷💞

Hope you're ok?

@Anastasia 😊💕

Im okay thanks, just very tired and inundated with things I need to do.

And annoyingly sore today. Whole left side of chest ... my skin is hot, red and burning. Feels like a bad case of sunburn. I was always told the skin issues would set in from the second week ... which it has. 😳  Going to get worse too. And the scar line is really biting and burning too. I'm feeling miserable.

Hubby's visit to podiatrist confirmed the ingrown toenail. So she has dug it out for him. Should be okay again in a couple of days.

Feeling very pressured to be prepared for this BBQ for 16 guests on Tuesday. Hubby has always loved to entertain, going right back to his business days. He is an extrovert, I'm an introvert. I find it all very stressful. I do okay I guess as far as being a reasonable hostess, but it is not easy for me. 

Im going to have to do most shopping and preparing on Sunday. Because I have to travel up and back for radiotherapy on Monday. And Tues morning I will need to get all set up properly, and quick trip into town for fresh bread and rolls etc. BBQ to start at 12noon.

These do's tend to go into the night. I will have little time for clean up that night. And I have an early radiation therapy on Wed morning, needing to leave about 8am. And I am staying up there Wed and Thurs nights.

My mind is working overtime, and I dont like what its throwing at me.

Anyway, enough of my complaining, and feeling sorry for myself.

I read that you are feeling a little better today, acceptance happening. How was the family pizza night? Hope your dad enjoyed it too.

I have been meaning to get back to you re your heart blockage issue that you mentioned on @NatureLover thread. From what you said, it sounds like you have had heart problems in the past? I think you have a scan next Saturday to confirm GPs suspicions? You certainly dont need any of this on top of everything else you are currently dealing with.

You mentioned it could mean either surgery or medication. Is there a choice, or will it depend on what the scans show, ie the extent of the problem?

Quite concerned about you @Anastasia . I know your Boy is going through another difficult time now too. And you are no doubt still concerned about possible ramifications from what happened with your bf last weekend.  Your work has been very demanding lately. Then of course, there's your Dad. 😔

I hope your family getaway next month helps to relieve some of the pressure all around. You really need to be very aware of likely burnout.

Eyes giving out here. Enough for now.

Emelia 💞

I'm sorry Em,

I hope I didn't add to.your list of too.much to.do.by feeling like you had to respond?

Please never do. I guess I've.just been spoiled with your company and I missed you very much today/tonight. I messaged and then fell asleep on the couch. I've just woken with a nasty headache so taking myself to.bed and will come back tomorrow to respond. Hopefully you are fast asleep.

Love you more beautiful girl ❤️

@Emelia8 

Gosh no @Anastasia , not at all. You prompted me to unload, which was actually quite helpful. 😄

Damn ... sorry about the headache. Something I dont have currently. 🌷  I hope you have taken something to relieve it and permit a reasonable sleep.

Respond when you can, no rush. Do you have any weekend plans?

Im really sorry everything is so crazy right now. For both of us.

Love you too @Anastasia 💕 and I'm sorry I havent been around for you as much as I would have liked these past few days. Just when you needed it most. You deserve much better support than I'm capable of giving right now.

Sleep well my friend. I value you very much. Please take care. Much love and a grateful hug.

Emelia 💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance