Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Our stories

Re: My elephant in the room - Dependent Personality Disorder

I was running in circles for a bit today too. @Teej  I was worried I did not have glasses and asked a lady to help me read screen so I could print something.  

Then when I got back to my car I found my glasses in my bag, .. lol .. but it is no matter.... she seemed to like being helpful and I made her laugh at me .. in a nice way.  Broke some barriers ..

It is just pressure.  @Faith-and-Hope has the idea  with gradual sorting.  Pressure comes in at us from many angles and is part of the madhouse rush that all of society is in.

I was going to rush into to town again today but have backed off and doing more of that ald sorting thing.

Had to buy rechargeacle battery for my cordless phone, post a letter ... and of course check my friends on the forum.  tick tick tick

Smiley Happy

Yay Apple for the tick tick tick. @Appleblossom šŸ’œšŸ¤—

nice to hear from you. 

PS 8 still stressing about my place on the forum @Faith-and-Hope. šŸ˜’

Maybe your dependency style meshes a little with my solo and big group style.  You show me how to be more personal and break down the institutionalised part of me.   Thats one place. 

Thanks gorgeous Apple..... that put a smile on my face for the first time today šŸ’œšŸ¤—šŸ’ @Appleblossom. I am so glad you are back šŸ‘

9. It's the weekend and I am stressing about it.........no rhyme or reason to this one.....just maybe scared to feel alone. 

Okay ..... all of this is huge and it would be spinning me out too ......

Do your therapy team know that you have a parent undergoing heart surgery within the week ? Any threat to cut supports from mental health team ought to be suspended for the moment on that fact alone, O would presume ......

Next you have the sorting of the ex to do ..... and can your brother help you with the buying if the son's car ?

If your therapist knows that you have these three priorities front and centre, can you respectfully request that these short term, mega-issues be dealt with without the threat undermining your self-confidence and ability to focus ?

Would you believe I forgot to tell them about the surgery as I'd had a really difficult call with mh on Wednesday. Then yesterday I had an intense session with therapist and didn't mention it. Only had contact with my brother last night. @Faith-and-Hope

I don't think I realised until I wrote it all down here how big it all is. S1 away for a week which I'm not sure if that's good or not. He left yesterday. 

Oh and šŸ˜˜ @Faith-and-Hope  My brother may be able to help my son buy a car. šŸ’œ

You're reaching for help @Teej ..... āœ”ļø

That shows others on the forums how to do it ..... whether you think you're doing it well or not is irrelevant in the overall scheme of
things .... āœ”ļø

You're in the arena by being here Teej ...... doesn't matter what you've done in or out of the arena before, you're here now ..... just keep showing up ..... "have to be in it to win it" ...,,, āœ”ļø

Can you communicate by email with your therapist ? Tell her about the changes asap and let her know you didn't remember to tel her some things, and others (brother) have changed overnight .... ? āœ”ļøāœ”ļø
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance