Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Oh! @Shaz51 @Former-Member - it's easier than I expected! Sugar, gelatine, essence, cornflour... wow. 

Your nieces can help you @tyme 😁

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks heaps @tyme 😊🌺💜

it’s not very tricky, just needs to be timed and temp’d well regarding simmering the sugar, but other than that I have it down to a process that I follow after getting all the ingredients ready. 
I use 9c caster sugar, 2&1/4c cold water, 1/2c powdered gelatin, 2c cornflour, 1x 50ml bottle of pure rose water (Queen’s brand or a traditional Iranian rose water from the Middle East grocer), 2 drops cochineal and 2 cups hot water. 
I simmer the sugar and cold water slowly to 116 degrees Celsius, for 20mins, then turn down for 5 mins, then remove from heat. 
2c hot water whisked into gelatine, then that whisked straight into a larger pot with the cornflour + cochineal, then that gently and carefully whisked into the sugar saucepan slowly, add back to heat to simmer slowly 5 mins, then strain through wire sieve into rosewater in large heat proof bowl. Skim off the scum, then pour into setting tray lined with oven paper that you have ever so lightly rubbed with the thinnest film of rice bran oil, so it doesn’t stick. 
cool in fridge, then when completely cold, dust icing sugar mixture onto a large cutting board, turn out the slab and peel off the paper. Dust the remainder with icing sugar mixture, then cut and dust all sides, add more icing sugar mixture to a container and layer pieces with a sprinkle of icing sugar mixture. 
store in airtight container in fridge, and eat! ☺️🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

@tyme @Spirit_Healer @creative_writer @Birdofparadise8 @SmilingGecko @Jynx @PizzaMondo @Oaktree @TAB @greenpea @StanD @StuF @ENKELI @Adge @Bow @Eve7 

@Shaz51 

and everyone who likes to Cook Along 🌺🙂

heres todays muffins… double choc and blueberry.. I forgot vanilla essence as I always do 😅

would love to share a muffin with you guys over a lovely cuppa 🍵🧁🙂🌺

IMG_5427.jpeg

They look great @Former-Member !

Ohhh yummm @Former-Member 😊❤️

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Yummmm @Former-Member I'd love a muffin and a cuppa! Kettle's on, I'm having ginger & apple! What a spiffy Satdy arvo treat 😊

Love to have a cuppa with you @Jynx , @Oaktree , @StuF , @Former-Member , @tyme 😁

@Glisten , @Dimity 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Can I not be tagged in this post please

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Heya @Shaz51 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance