Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: Does anyone want to talk

 A flock of ducks being spooked by a bunjil 

IMG_7985.jpeg

kids and I cant beleive we saw a bunjil just chilling here

@ArraDreaming oh my STARS your new digs looks so pretty!! Oh you must be loving it, your own lil patch of wilderness!! 

I had to look up what a Bunjil was - indigenous name for wedge-tailed eagle? I will remember that! I love learning the real names of our native wildlife 😍 And what a special experience!! Maybe they have a nest close to the property? Such incredible, impressive birds! 

I'm still up in NSW with family, got choice access to some really great rock pools - I saw a sea eagle today! And an octopus yesterday! Google tells me they would be called a tjilyin and a sugu respectively, but sugu seems to be from Western Australia so idk if it's different over this way!

Yeah its so cool, we won the rental lotto I reckon @Jynx
Only weird part about this place is when you turn off the road to come in, on the right hand side is a public reserve, basically just a picnic table, space for like a couple cars and a canoe launching spot, AND THEN our property starts/driveway starts in like 50 metres, but our house is miles up the drive and we have a farm gate we can lock but it’s kinda weird… its like oh we’re home hold on no we’re not, Greg is just here with his dog 😂🤣 it’s super secluded though so it’s just locals

No complaints just kinda strange

You know that winery I was talking about I worked out that it’s actually across the creek so we ever go on any date nights, we gotta canoe across if we don’t wanna drive all the way around lol

Haha I totally get you @ArraDreaming like you're so close to home but gotta go past old mate first and maybe he wants to have a solid yarn before you can scoot past to your driveway... lol

Oh wow that's actually so cool! You could totally do a heaps romantic date night with the missus, just cover the canoe in fairy lights! 

Kids been loving it so far?

I did NOT think of the fairy lights! @Jynx the restaurant looks l mad, birthday and anniversary only type $ though
I’m tempted to get across in the canoe and suss it out but I don’t want to ruin someone’s wedding or something by accident lol
“Uhh who’s that scraggly looking guy climbing out of a canoe with those ratty looking kids?”
:skull_and_crossbones: or I’ll be in the back ground of the wedding pics hahahaha

Kids are loving it
The space is awesome, we are very happy

We did a lot of exploring today
skatepark and small bike park a few mins drive away at like a community rec reserve so we took the kids there
Good spot

@ArraDreaming hahaha I'm just imagining you and the kids, playing about and getting all muddy, then crawling up on the bank to the screams of the wedding guests like 'EEK! MUD PEOPLE!!' 🤣 Honestly I'm the sort of person who would find that super funny, and be stoked to have some pics of very muddy travellers skulking through the background of the wedding service! Heck I'd invite you to stay and dance 😜 Maybe you could do a lil canoe-sussing on some random Tuesday or something, when there's a very low likelihood of accidentally invading a wedding hahaha

I am so glad to hear it, sounds like it's enough out of the way to feel like it's nice n private, but there's heaps around that you can do and explore!! Is the bike park more of a dirt track, or could you take skates/scooters along it? 

Yeah it’s pretty secluded, we have to get in the car for everything, but the other houses and the community rec reserve is only a couple mins drive it’s got a skate park and a dirty track with jumps @Jynx so both! all 3 kids had their little bikes today, #3 has a like a 3 wheel balance bike/trike set up now too she’s way too small for it but she sits on it

@ArraDreaming awww yisss nice one! Hehe that's so cute, littlest tyke on the littlest trike! 

Ach, I'm so happy for you mate, what a delightful spot for this chapter of your life to unfold!! How's the unpacking process going? 

We are getting through it we got rid of a lot of stuff before we moved

We got my in laws visiting tomorrow they haven’t seen house yet @Jynx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance