Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Figuring out what’s wrong with me

Thanks Aussierecharger

I have a lot of work to do and a long way to go. Trust is a big issue and that alone requires working on. I really appreciate your reply and it makes sense to me. 

again, thank you

Hi Tyme

thank you. Wish I knew of this place sooner 🤗

Hey @Jen21 just a quick tip - if you want other members to be notified that you've responded, type the @ symbol and choose their name from the drop down (or type it out then choose it) so it shows up in blue, like this: @AussieRecharger @tyme 

Hope this helps 😊

@Jinx 

thank you for the tip 👍🏻😊

Hello @Jen21, thank you for sharing. My father had paranoid psychotic delusions for many years. His delusions centered on me either not being his child or, living as an imposter of his child. This went on for 10 years and caused me significant trauma and anxiety as I did not understand why this was happening. It was only after he admitted he had a delusional disorder was when I realised that he was significantly unwell. Unfortunately, too much damage had been done for us to develop a proper relationships and I live in grief for not living a life where I had a normal and loving father.

Based off of my fathers experience, it is important to always question yourself in the moment and challenge your thoughts. Why do I believe this and why do I connect that piece of information to the thought I am having. Writing it down on paper can make you see it in a bigger picture and being able to write comments for and against it on paper can really make you second guess your thoughts. Over time, the more you challenge your thoughts, the less you will fall into the trap of going down the rabbit hole.

Regardless, it is important to be upfront with what you are going through with your husband and to even see the psychologist together.

@humarni 

thank you For your post. I will have a thought that I may challenge for weeks or months but it eventually comes out. I’m like a pressure cooker. Once I see another psychologist and get a correct diagnosis, I would love to take my husband as he just doesn’t understand and I get that. 

it must have been very hard for you with your dad. I do feel for anyone having to go through what you did and what my husband does. Step by step I try to explain to hubby what’s going on with me but it is hard for him to grasp. Hence, why I would like him to come with me at some stage to the psychologist. 

again, thank you for sharing with me and for your caring comments. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance