Skip to main content

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

hello @Former-Member xx

im not to sure about hints but i hope you guys dont mind me following this thrad- its a very good idea

hello @Lexxy17 and welcome Smiley Happy

this is one thread with hints and tips but you are very welcome to start a new thread which is a great idea

You are very welcome @outlander xx

Thanks @Shaz51

@Deadrock, @Starry72, @workthisout, @cappy, @Loulou83, @MyLilOne, @Barbara, @Dizzylizzy, @suzyQ, @Sharonm, @KeepDancing, @passivebynature, @Emmelle, @Jane1

how is everyone today and what tips and hints have been helful to you

Having a good day. My tips - don't immediately offer soutions for your BDP teen. It works better to listen and show empathy in the moment. We always re-visit these situations but not always when the behaviour is occuring. My daughter can't cope with the problem and me offering a solution at the same time, it's just too much. Stay safe everyone x

Thanks @suzyQ ..... while my teen doesn't have BPD, thinking about it, I think that advice is true for perfectionist traits as well.

💐🐬

Hello @suzyQ , one step at a time my friend HeartHeart

@Shaz51 we are currently away for a week in Queensland a while I was looking forward to a break I realise it is fraught with issues due to inconsistency and new possible triggers. After an appointments with C's psychiatrist Thursday we are investigating a new treatment called DBT. Very interested to know if anyone else has gone down this path of treatment.
I don't really have any tips except be open to exploring new options. And a simple tip but so impactful is sleep...a good nights sleep works wonders for everyone but especially for someone with a MI.

Hello @Sharonm xx

investigating a new treatment called DBT. Very interested to know if anyone else has gone down this path of treatment.--- you can open a new disscusion thread , There are others who have been through them