Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

Nerves frayed now I have to talk to my landlord.

I live in WA. Some here know of my recent mental breakdown and now my relationship breakdown. My relationship is finished. No hope of reconciliation at this stage. 

I've got too much on my own plate. The issue among millions of others now is that her name is on the lease. She is moving out. She said she won't leave with leaving me to pay the rent without notice. She is staying in another part of the house which is not attached to the house. 

I'm going to have to sublet a room to afford the rent when she goes. I can't do it myself. I will ask the permission of the landlord first. I will have to tell him the situation. The lease is for another 11 months. I don't want to leave anyway as I do love this house. 

I've also got to pay her out her share of the bond. I'm choosing to give her the things we bought while we were in the relationship. I have no need for any of it myself. I really don't want it. 

I've told her she us welcome to use the bathroom and kitchen whenever she needs too. She said tonight she will try find a place as soon as possible in order not to drag it out. 

I'm besides myself in deep unimaginable pain. Now I'm scared my landlord is going to kick me out. It's an irrational fear of not being good enough. It's even worse now after nine months of being made to feel not good enough. I've already lost so much and to be asked to leave will be another kick I'm not strong enough to cope with. 

I'm a nervous wreck and so broken in myself that I can't get my thoughts right. 

I'd appreciate some input on my next steps. I reached out to two people today via text to let them know we had parted ways. That was seven hours ago. No response, so yeah things are just nothing but shit now. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Nerves frayed now I have to talk to my landlord.

@Powderfinger  I’m hearing how hard this situation is for you. I’m hearing and feeling your pain. 

I hope your landlord is understanding of the situation. I have little to offer but my care, and leaving that here in abundance. 💙💙💙💙

@Powderfinger  Hi Ramble I am afraid I am of little help..... just be honest but protect yourself too. I would find a likely person to sublet first. pea

@Maggie thank you, your care is much appreciated. I am going to take a break from posting for a bit. I need some me time and to sit with myself and everything that has happened. I have not had me time in a very long time and I do miss it. 

@greenpea thanks pea. I will take this into consideration. 

Hi Ramble,

I'm sorry to hear that your going through this. But you have made the right first step and for some that's really hard and you have reached out for support and guidance and that's such a fantastic thing! so well done for that.

Now as for your rental contacting you real estate is a great idea... Questions they will ask is are you planing to vacate your self and the short answer is No.. So they will talk to you about how you meet the finical side or the rental so maybe get a ball park mark from your Ex as to when she thinks her room might be available and set an add up t get people to start viewing so you can have someone lined up ready to rent the room that will then allow less stress on you as you wont need to the worry how the rent is being paid. 

As for your mental health side of things i think you need to take it day by day covid has been a hard time plus all you personal matters on top. Perhaps the people you tried to reach out to where caught up with there own issues yesterday and when they have a free moment will do there best to get back to you.  Do you work?  As that is a way to keep your mind active perhaps going for a walk in the morning or afternoons you could get up say 40 minutes before your normal time as psychical active is great for our minds. Even going for a coffee / tea of and afternoon once a day for the next few weeks just something little to break the cycle of normal until you find what makes you comfortable. I hope today your feeling a little better. I'm here if you would like to chat more.

Keep your head high you are an amazing person and its so great that you have reached out!!!

Have a fantastic day

@MrsFahey  Welcome to the forums.

I hope you find your way around ok. Just ask anyone around if you get stuck with anything.

The @ brings a dropdown, that’s how we tag each other.

Just mentioning the Good Morning  thread. It’s a good way to meet others here.

Perfect Thanks so much for the heads up!

Have a lovely day @Maggie

@MrsFahey your response has no content besides my name. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance